Sunday, August 31, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
There are a few incidents in one’s life which gets embedded in to the hard disk of a human brain. Describing one such incident – don’t worry, just the highlights :)
It was the first day at my job after a weeklong series of presentations and finally I was assigned to a department and was waiting to meet the head. He was in fact the vice president of the unit. There were seven of us waiting in the nearby meeting room of the den where the lion resided.
As it had to be, I was chosen as the first casualty and he called me in.
Contrary to all the expectations about being welcomed in the department and blah-blah, this moron dint smile once. Within the first two minutes I scored and so got my first promotion right there – from a GET to “Bloody Bugger”. And it was just the starting. As I enlightened him with some quality mechanical engineering knowledge, I kept on getting the adjectives during that interview which perhaps were too personal to be written over here. Still I’ll give you some of the sixes that he hit on me.
Dialogue 1: “Gentleman, If all what you think would have been true, half the girls of this world would have been raped”
Dialogue 2: “You bugger, if you are masturbating in a river and it happens that a nude woman is standing in the same river, and by chance if she gets pregnant, that doesn’t mean you have raped her.”
Dialogue 3: “Do you think electrical engineers have bigger balls than you?”
I was about to faint when he finally let me out of the cabin.
Subsequently, came to know that it was a routine and I just faced the trailer whereas the other bosses went on a for full movie..!! :)
PS: Now this is what you call the real OB and effective communication...!
Till Next time.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Better known as Shubu...!!
If at all there exists some friends with the right spirit and with out any ill motives, i have ever met... he comes nearest in the cadre..! A true hostellite with an all time smiley face, bundle of best buddies, very little 'Hava', full of an optimistic attitude towards life.. ! And of course.. a 110 % open johari window...!!! Today learnt about connecting with people while communicating in the MOC class. This guy is the best example for that.
He's one of the biggest flirt i have seen..!! and very irritating at times with an all time sadu smile that probably girls like...!! But the guy is pure at heart...! and perhaps too pure for which perhaps he's paid.. ! He never quits though........!!! :)
Till next time,
There are some one liners which sometimes you really wonder about or rather at once you notice and remember. Following is what I remember.
- Most girls smell nice after taking bath, irrespective of the soaps they use.
- While hugging a girl, if you try to smell her hair, it means you are in love with her.. !
- I fall in love for the following reason.
o Everything is fair in love and war. So just to get some fairness :)
- Life screws – Just when you think you figured it out.
- Do not worry if your world ends today. It is already tomorrow in Australia..! :)
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
- Go to a party or any gathering and see a bunch of guys standing together. Invariably we think of them as the poor fellows without any option.. ! And sometimes despos. However, be it a group of girls standing in a corner and muttering some stupid things, the site changes from sadness to something really cute.. !
- Imagine a close up of a lady having a strawberry. Or for that matter ice cream or any other thing. You cant help but keep gazing it for sometime with the eyes wide open. The only difference if moi or for that matter any other poor little male poses like that, you'll still be amazed but only with the mouth wide open..
- The stupidity is attractive. Yes, trust me, i have seen at least a dozen guys telling me that stupid girls are more attractive than the intelligent ones. Ever heard of a stupid attractive guy.. !?
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
There are some people whom you just can not ignore, and surely he's one such personality. (the moment i changed my orkut profile with the above title.. the poor little and mostly sleeping scrapbook of mine was overwhelmed with people lining up for critisizing the poor fellow me.. ! including some of those who had not scrapped me for months.. ! )
Well, I have no doubts when i say i like him as a music director and to an extent as a singer. The facts prove themselves.. Starting from pyar kiya to darna kya.. tere nam.. aashique banaya apne... aksar... china town.. tom dick and herry.. and aap ka surror.. Namastey London and more than 50 0ther movies.. this cant be a record of some musician by chance.. Some of them have been a huge hit.
Consider following points.
- His songs are completely original, unlike some of the best known music directors of bollywood.
- The Music he has provided is awesome. Some of them atleast. Even his critics have approved of that.
- He has developed an entirely new class of songs for bollywood which is an achievement in itself. Call it indian rock whtever name.
- I do not care where the voice comes from. No body claims him to be the classical champ or something.. !
A national joke, he deserves much more than that. He may be too dramatic, may be crazy at times. But its ok i guess. After all its his true love story. ! :)
Let us not critisize someone just for the sake of it.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Lemme just put it here one such incident, which happened today.
You run for a college first. The moment you enter it, you start to prepare yourself for a better resume. Be a member of various clubs, committees, elections, and somehow you convince the interview panel about your excellent networking and team work skills. Not to mention those great communication skills. Congrats. You’ve passed the first stage. But it doesn’t end here. It just gets bigger with impressing the boss. And it just goes on – sometimes the parents, sometimes the teachers, sometimes the society, sometimes friends and what not.. ! (Even bollywood – remember? Pappu can’t dance sala... ! J)
Someone has rightly said, "It’s good to have an end to a journey, but finally it’s the journey that matters". I couldn’t have agreed more. At times, each one of us feels we are sacrificing some of the best moments of life in search of virtually something we don’t even know. We just don’t care about the things that we like the most.
May be this needs a bit more thinking. But as I just remembered my mid terms starting in a day or two, I guess we’ll postpone this. J
Till next time.